Dorothy Bauer Table November 02nd, 2018 - 08:09:44
Then I ran one side through my table saw to get a nice 90-degree edge, and these boards have a tongue and groove pattern that way they can all walk together, really good, but unfortunately, they were a little too far gone for my boards. So I had to cut off the tongue on one side and then use these pieces of wood to fill in the groove. On the other side, I couldn't just cut off the groove, because I needed that width for the tabletop. I didn't have enough boards to take it all off. So that was a whole lot of work, but I think these boards came out looking really great, going from old.
Weathered wood like this to a fresh, clean surface, makes these things look so much nicer and well usable, because this isn't so the tabletop is going to be held together with dowels there's going to line everything up to help, keep the tabletops black but add a lot Of strength to really any doweling jig should work, but I'll leave a link in the description to the one. I use it's a half inch kit so, as I mentioned, a couple of these boards had a little bit of warp to them. So I didn't want to glue up the whole tabletop at once, just because I don't have enough clamps to make sure I could get all that flat plus it would have been a little bit stressful.
I think so I glued it up in two halves. Then I could glue those halves together and, as you saw just a second ago, I use what is called call boards at the ends of my glue ups there, just two by fours wrapped in packing tape, so that glue can't stick to them. Then I can smash the two together clamping. The ends flat really helps keep everything square. Obviously it wasn't perfect, though so I came back with my belt sander to get everything nice and flat. Then I sanded up to 150 grit before I trimmed off the ends. I used the drywall square to mark out where I wanted to cut. It gave me a nice straight line to reference, and I changed out my blade before I made these cuts and it made a world of difference. I'll leave a link to the blade that I used.
It gave a super clean cut, there was absolutely no tear out and using a straight edge is going to help a lot. Mine was just a piece of scrap plywood, it doesn't have to be complicated. I am really excited about this bass, so what you're seeing me unpack here is a French farm dining table bass from my friends at table Lakes. Calm they're nice enough to provide a kit for this table not to put me down or anything, but look at that now. I don't know if they're saying a lot, but I definitely can't do jewelry like that at least not yet. So while I put the table base together, let me talk about this week's sponsor table legs. Calm, table legs.
I've been really impressed with the French farmhouse face that I got and I'm sure you will be too with whatever base you get when you think of tables. Think of cable XCOM where design matters. So after I put my table base together, which took about five or ten minutes, I could put it upside down on the bottom of my tabletop and screw it down. It's really nice. All the pocket holes are already drilled, so this took about another minute. This was going by super fast as a finish, I'm going to be using Rubio's , it's what table XCOM uses anytime, you get your table, legs pre-filled, and so I figured that's what I would try out it's an oil-based finish, but it's way more durable than Anything else on the market should have gotten a bigger container for this, but essentially all you do it. You mix it read one.