Deena Mccoy Table November 07th, 2018 - 02:39:54
The sliding table saw just to see what it was like and then I could continue to make this joins or the longs circus. They're long lighters with a Jew - and I can awkwardly add the dominoes to the acute miter ain't - ended up only getting one lad coming over there and I hadn't thought at this point about actually clamping this together, so they actually fitted together really nice. When I dry fitted it - and so I thought it would be fine - the glue obviously made things move a little bit. So there was a bit of a gap anyhow with that sitting and drying.
I could get on to cutting angles on the base plates and each there were slightly different angles because of the tapering leg, and then I could cut the mic is on the end of that which - and I can add a groove for the glass and then more Awkwardness trying to work out where a domino can go and even more awkwardness, working out the dominoes for the vase to the lead connection. Now, because of well possibly user error, the dominoes weren't quite a lining.
So I had to just trim them slightly with a rasp. But to make them fit and again I had the same kind of problem where I started gluing this together and decided how the hell am. I gonna actually clamp this together so about here everything just kind of started descending into darkness. So this is the result of my glue up. While these joints are okay, there is them at awful.
There was just no real way to clamp this compound join and, while I'm sure it could probably work something out, it's not particularly fast yeah, just nothing like that, and I went ahead and glued both of them up, because I just wanted to appear so I could Actually see something in full-scale and I've got this piece of MDF here, so you can kinda see now that this was a piece of glass bridge between two pieces and I'd like a concert for it as a coffee table, I just need to refine the design.
I'm gonna change this join and I'm probably gonna change this joint. I might end up putting a dovetail here, so so I'll glue it up. It is this part, and then I can glue this cut and this pad at the same time in theory. So my neighbor had given me some old battle timber, which was heavily stained and turns out that it was iron. So I thought why not use that for one of these things, so I went through the process again made some new pieces, mostly the same process, but a few differences first and the main difference was I added a large spline across that acute miter, and so just wrapped. It outta a 10 mil, grew tent, so his team by team and I glued on some little blocks of plywood as my clamping caulks.